The Inside of a Furnace is Complicated and Better Left Handled by Professionals
A lot of American households have furnaces, either a gas or electric furnace. A furnace is connected to the air duct system and heats air to blow warm air throughout the home. Furnaces can be connected to either gas or electric lines, but natural gas flames do heat air quicker. The difference between a furnace and an HVAC unit is that a furnace creates warm air, while the hot air feature on an HVAC unit just recycles and transfers air. Just like all HVAC appliances, a furnace does need maintenance to keep it in its best shape possible. If you have had your furnace for a long time or it has been awhile since you have had your’s inspected, call Temperature Control Maintenance at (630) 333-9306 to receive annual furnace maintenance in Roselle and Schaumburg, IL.
The Importance of Heating and Furnace Maintenance
While a furnace does work similarly to an air duct system where the filters have to be changed and the ducts vacuumed, improper cleaning could result in breaking the unit. Many homeowners have experienced this the hard way, not realizing that their improper maintenance is not covered in the furnace’s warranty. Not only will a properly maintained furnace help to make it last longer, but you’ll reap benefits like better energy efficiency. The parts in the furnace will be working their best, providing you with quickly heated air as a result of proper annual furnace maintenance.
Is Annual Furnace Maintenance Necessary?
Annual Furnace Maintenance Is Important in Keeping Your HVAC System Running Smoothly
Just like you get annual water heater inspections to make sure your tank or tankless water heater isn’t having any problems, the same should be applied to your furnace. A furnace inspection is recommended once a year. This is where professional furnace maintenance service is given rather than furnace maintenance being provided regularly by the homeowner. That way the certified HVAC technician can examine your unit and make sure there are no hidden problems that an untrained eye might miss. Just like you go to the doctor or dentist bi yearly or annually just for a checkup even when you aren’t sick, the same applies to a furnace tune up or inspection. You’re just making sure everything is working the way it is supposed to and that there is no problems that need to be addressed. The crew at Temperature Control Maintenance are licensed and certified to perform annual furnace maintenance in Roselle and Schaumburg, IL. Contact us at (630) 333-9306 to schedule your furnace tune up today.
Benefits of Furnace Maintenance
- Improves and increases the lifespan of your furnace by up to 10 years
- Provides better energy efficiency as your entire HVAC system won’t have to work so hard to produce warm air due to the malfunctioning furnace
- Reveals any hidden problems with your furnace
- Provides more powerful heat as there will be no blockages or leaks preventing loss of air or heating
- Can reveal any gas leaks or gas line issues if you have a gas furnace
- Catches problems before they cause your furnace to completely break down
- Prevents you from having to pay emergency repair rates as your furnace will not break down because it is well maintained
What Does Annual Furnace Maintenance Include?
A heater tune up should be done by a professional and certified technician as some steps in the inspection and maintenance process involve taking apart the furnace in order to thoroughly clean it and putting it back together again. A homeowner doing this by themselves may end up doing more harm than good to their heating unit. While it might be cheaper to do it yourself than paying $100 to have it professionally maintained, breaking it will only end up costing you more in repair or replacement fees. For professional annual furnace maintenance in Roselle and Schaumburg, IL, call Temperature Control Maintenance at (630) 333-9306 today.
Call Us Today To Schedule Your Annual Furnace Maintenance Check
Also it should be noted that tune up prices and services will vary depending on what HVAC company you hire to perform your annual furnace maintenance service. A good rule of thumb is the less you pay for your heater tune up, the less quality of an inspection you are going to get. But also don’t pay astronomically high rates thinking you’ll get premier service when all you’ll be getting is ripped off. Expect good furnace maintenance rates to range from $80- $200 max. The average price for a good and thorough inspection will be $100-150. When you call to schedule your annual furnace maintenance appointment, ask the HVAC contractor what they’ll be performing and looking for during the tune up. We have provided a quick list of the most crucial parts of the furnace that need to be checked below, so make sure these things are mentioned by the contractor.
Heating Maintenance Checklist
- Check vents for clogs or leaks
- Make sure the blower access door is tightly shut and seales
- The fresh air intake grills are checked for blockages
- Inspect the heat exchanger for rust
- Make sure the burners are properly igniting, producing correct flame sense, and temperatures
- Check drainage system (hoses, condensate drain and tap, trap) for clog and leaks and clean and replace water inside the trap
- Change the filter
- Check wiring for corrosion, breakages, or any other damages
- Perform an amp-draw test on the blower motor
- Remove the blower wheel and clean it of build up
- Perform static air pressure check, gas pressure test, and temperature rise checks